Whitesburg Baptist Church
Saturday, May 18, 2013
Discern what is going on around you as you work and socialize, at home, in your neighborhood, at church, in Alabama, in our country, and around the world
- Listen to people
- Read and view the news
- Explore books, films, internet, new media, and lectures on civic subjects that interest you
- In short, become an informed citizen in general and very informed in some specific area of interest
Take that area of interest to you and analyze what you have observed against first principles of Judeo-Christian ethos expressed in the US and Alabama constitutions
- How does the situation conform to God’s Word?
- How does it conform to constitutional first intent?
- What are the root causes, that is, the violations of key principles?
What could we do as Christian citizens to profoundly affect the application of first principles to the great moral and social issues of Alabama, of the U.S.?
- Poor Fiscal, Monetary, and Tax Policy
- Dysfunctional Education Funding and Lack of Parental Choice
- Continued Government Funding of Abortion
- Violent and Drug Crime with Rising Prison Populations
- Illegal Immigration Undermining Security and Economy
- Infringed Property Rights
- Eroded Freedoms of Religion, Speech, Press, Association
- Growing Homosexual Radical Social Agenda
- Continued Disintegration of the Family
Based on your observations of what is happening on a particular issue, formulate what strategic thrust could alter that trend.
- What proactive initiative could alter the core causal trend?
- Who else might help us implement such a strategy or have the same strategy?
- How might we implement that initiative?
- How could we not do so?